The General Customs Communique (Serial No. 1) regarding the pre-arrival customs procedures has been published in the Official Gazette dated 23.01.2019. The relevant Communique establishes the procedures and principles regarding the commencement of the procedures for the entry to the relevant regime of the goods, which arrive at the Customs Territory of Turkey by means of maritime container transport within the scope of release for free circulation and inward processing regime, and which can be used as input in domestic production.
The main provisions of the Communique are as follows:
- For commencement of the entry procedures of the goods before their entry to the Customs Territory of Turkey, the applicant must fulfill the necessary qualifications stipulated under Article 4.
- Article 5 of the Communique stipulates that the goods which will utilize the provisions of the relevant Communique will be determined by the General Directorate and announced on the website of the Ministry and that the goods which arrive at the Customs Territory of Turkey by means of maritime container transport within the scope of release for free circulation will be allowed to utilize the provisions of the Communique.
- The applications are made to the Regional Directorate of Customs and Trade, which is the closest directorate to the province where the applicant is based according to its trade registry records. The application form and the information and documents to be submitted with the application are announced on the Ministry’s website.
- The applicant which fulfill the conditions in article 4 of the Communique are granted the authorization, and this is notified to the applicant. In case of any missing information and document in the application, the applicant is granted a 30 days’ period to submit such missing information and documents.
- Article 9 of the Communique stipulates that, for the goods covered by the Communique to be subject to a customs declaration, there should be a registered summary declaration and the customs declaration to be registered under the permit should cover all goods included in the relevant line of the summary declaration.
- According to Article 11 of the Communique, the goods brought to the Customs Territory of Turkey will be unloaded from the vehicle under the customs supervision.
- The relevant Communique shall enter into force 90 days after its publication date and shall be executed by the Ministry of Trade